Anti-infectious Prevention and Disinfection of Payment Devices
Non-cash payments allow you to limit contact with cash, which, according to research, is one of the main potential carriers of pathogenic microorganisms. Accepting payments, especially with contactless payment methods – supports efforts to limit the spread of viral and bacterial infections.
One way to achieve a real increase in epidemiological security is maintaining cleanliness of payment terminals, PIN pads and other cash register systems used. Regular disinfection of surfaces, especially keyboards, promotes protection when using these devices, both for customers and the staff operating them.
Steps for cleaning and disinfecting PIN pads and terminals are uncomplicated and you can do it yourself by following a few simple rules listed below.
Before cleaning, you should:
- Wear disposable protective gloves
- Disconnect the PIN pad from the POS terminal
- Turn off the terminal and disconnect it from the power source
- For mobile terminals, turn off the device
What should you use to clean and disinfect?
- It is recommended to use soap and water or dishwashing liquid to clean the device
- For disinfection, it is recommended to use alcohol-based or alcohol-based cleaning agents with a concentration close to 70%
Never use thinners, trichlorethylene or ketone-based solvents – they can seriously damage plastic or rubber parts, and do not provide disinfectant action.
How to clean and disinfect?
- Cleaning agent – apply the liquid to a piece of clean material, e.g., soft cotton or flannel.
- Squeeze excess fluid. For effective cleaning and disinfection, just use a slightly moistened piece of material. Excess fluid could get inside the housing and damage the device.
Never spray cleaning products, whether foam or other solutions – directly onto the keyboard or display. This may damage the device.
EVO Payments Expands Omnichannel Capabilities with NETePay Hosted™ and TranCloud™ from Datacap Systems
Enhanced suite of Datacap applications provides a comprehensive omnichannel solution for EVO Payments’ ISV partner network Tampa, FL (PRWeb) January…
Has COVID-19 given contactless payment technology the boost it needed for widespread adoption in the U.S.? If there’s one thing…
Competition will be fierce during the 2020 holiday season, and point of sale (POS) added value services can help retailers…